Friday, May 14, 2010

DIY balmanish military jacket

Originally posted on Feb 20th.

Inspired by Balmain I fixed an old Zara jacket yesterday. 

Sorry about the sad and simple translation, you can ask me more details! This cost me by the way less than 5 euros.
Jacket is a bit too big and boring and I don't like the buttons at all. So I took them off and added some distressing. If you do this, don't forget to empty the pockets before washing, like I did.

I sew 3 zippers together (you want to do this by hand, trust me!), stitched the gathering and unpicked the seams from shoulder and collar.

Then I replaced the epaulette with mine and added shoulder pads, too. I also took in a bit from the waist.
This picture just demonstrates a clever attempt to solve China's waste problem. They simply stuff it into clothes.
Final look before closing up the patient.
And then of course the new Etsy-buttons.

Later I added some decorations:

2 comments:

  1. That is very creative. I am not the best at sewing but I should give this a try someday. I actually have a jacket that is similar to that. It is brown. If it starts to fall apart, i think with your instructions I can fix it. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. This jacket is my ultimate favourite and previously I had no use for it at all!
    I have added some decorations to it afterwards, maybe I should add a link to this post :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words, suggestions, opinions... They make me really happy!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Kiitos k√§ynnist√§, toivottavasti tapaamme uudelleen! √Ąl√§ k√§yt√§ kuviani ilman lupaa.
Thank's for visiting, hope to see you again! Please, don't use my pictures without permition.
¡Gracias por su visita, espero que vuelva! No le puede usar mis fotos sin permiso.

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP